Influencer marketing is a technique used by various small and big brands, where they can promote their products or services through a person of influence. Influencer marketing was a big thing in 2017 and is only getting bigger this year.
Brands have been partnering with influencers to see their products and services reach the most engaged audiences. In an extremely competitive market age, influencers have the most access to the target audience that the brands need. Though Instagram is the best platform for running influencer marketing campaigns, other social media channels are growing rapidly too. Social media and smartphones have made influencer marketing the next big thing.
Brands use influencers to reach out to many potential buyers. The number of followers an influencer has determines the price to be paid to them for a campaign. If you want to tap into this technique to expand your brand’s reach, there are certain factors to be considered. Here are a few tips to help you run an effective influencer marketing campaign for your brand:
- Determine your goals that you would like to achieve at the end of the campaign.
- Choose the platform or social media channel that is most relevant for your business.
- Choosing the right influencer does not depend solely on the number of followers they have, but also the ability to reach your most targeted audience.
- When you run a campaign through an influencer, you need to have a schedule on how often and in what intervals will the influencer talk about your brand.
- It is extremely important that the message is not lost in translation. Auditing the content before it is published is a good idea.
- At the end of your campaign, you need to track and monitor progress to understand the effectiveness of the campaign for your business.
This infographic compiled by Market Inspector, summarises the importance of influencer marketing and how you can effectively run a campaign using this technique.