The wheel of web design industry keeps rolling, every year few trends fade away making room for some new trends and some trends just prosper further. So whether you’re a web designer or just want to design your new website you need to keep an eye on current web design trends.
In today’s online market websites have a huge role to play in your business and a good design can take you a long way forward in this path. So judging the new trends early enough will give you an edge over your competitors.
Take a look at this infographic from DesignTheWay.com to find out what web design trends we can expect in 2017.
- Age Responsive Design – In 2017 new metadata is expected to allow age-specific adaptation so we will see website content adapt according to users age.
- Micro mini interactions – Increase in use of micro mini interactions can be expected as apps and services are getting more user specific.
- Custom illustrations – The use of stock photos will decrease and use of custom illustrations will increase as it gives websites a much higher recognition value.
- Interactive storytelling – Interactive storytelling is basically telling a story in each slide as user scrolls down, this can be a good option to engage your users.
- Mobile first approach – Mobile first approach is considered as one of design standards now.
- Semi-flat design – Due to some usability issue in flat design, designers are switching to semi-flat design with use of subtle shadow and transitions.
- Increase in parallax adoption – Parallax effect is applied to the speed and movement of the background image. With better and improved technology we can expect to see more parallax effect being use.
- Full screen video background – Homepage full screen video can tell about your product or services very effectively with improving internet connectivity throughout the world we will see more use of full screen video background.