Have you noticed how influencers seem to be the “new face” of brands small and large? Is influencer marketing really so effective that brands are switching from mainstream celebrities to influencers? Studies have generated enough proof to show that influencer marketing can be effective in all aspects of your performance. Perhaps this is why so many brands opt to invest in influencers and attempt to launch influencer marketing campaigns on social media.
How Is It Effective?
So what do the studies say and how exactly do they impact a brand’s performance? According to an Augure study on influencers, 69% of professionals who have used the channel are considering it to be effective for marketing. Here are some more interesting facts you can learn from the study:
- A massive 93% of marketers are saying that it helps them build brand awareness. Influencers have a massive reach, so having them mention or talk about your product means you’re effectively reaching out to their audience through them.
- 76% also say that it has been useful for generating customer loyalty for them. Influencers are often seen as trusted experts in their niche. When you’re delivering your brand message through them, you’re improving your chances of garnering the trust and loyalty of their followers.
- As for lead generation, 75% have found influencer marketing to be effective. Influencers have the ability to deliver your message in such a way that it resonates with the audience. They create the desire to purchase the product in your target customers, sending them over to you for a purchase.
Are There Any Negatives?
Like all other marketing channels, influencer marketing also comes with a set of positives and negatives. The positives have been outlined earlier but the Augure study also took care to understand the negatives, which are the challenges. Understanding these challenges can help you overcome them better with preparation:
- Finding the right influencers is considered to be the biggest challenge by 75% of marketers.
- 69% say that it’s also extremely difficult to find the right tactics to engage the influencers.
- For 53% of marketers, measuring campaign performance is one of the main challenges.
You now have a better idea how influencer marketing impacts your performance and why many people call it the “future” of marketing. If you’re looking for ways to overcome the challenges mentioned above, check out the following infographic shared by Shane Barker.