Website HostPapa Inc.
HostPapa Inc. is one of Canada’s fastest growing technology companies. Our goal is to provide our customers with the web hosting solutions they need to achieve success, while maintaining our reputation for reliability, security and award-winning customer service.
We are currently seeking a savvy Technical Writer with a combined passion for technology and writing. This position is an excellent opportunity for versatile creative technical writers seeking a freelance partnership with an innovative company.
- Research, write and edit technical content for knowledgebase articles, guides and support material on a wide range of topics including web hosting, email, WordPress, Joomla!, Drupal, design tools, SEO, etc.
- Develop onboarding material for our customers about their website, email, and applications
- Write from a user’s perspective in a category and topic-based structure
- Keep up-to-date with popular trends in websites, email, applications in the web hosting industry
- Post secondary education in a related field or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience writing technical related copy such as support articles, blog posts, etc. (please submit two written samples with your application)
- Extended understanding of web hosting and related services such as control panels, email programs, servers, content management systems, etc.
- Good understanding of search engine optimization (SEO) principles
- Strong writing skills, including proper spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Organized, detail-oriented, and committed to deadlines, but flexible in a changing environment
- Proven team player, willing to change and rework material on short notice
- Ability to convey technical material in a clear, concise and simple manner for a non-technical audience
- Strong research skills with the ability and drive to find relevant information
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple ongoing projects with varying deadlines
- WordPress experience is a must
- We will provide a consistent stream of interesting assignments
- Flexible schedule and rates
- Constant stream of learning opportunities
- Work from home, the library, a coffee shop or anywhere you feel most creative
HostPapa is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://hostpapa.applytojob.com/apply/z2GthjdeWh/Freelance-Technical-Writer →