VICE Media is seeking a Freelance Designer in our Brooklyn, NY office. The Designer’s primary role will be in the day-to-day handling of design projects—from print production to online. The designer will work in the Adobe Creative Suite, along with Keynote and Powerpoint. Daily projects will vary from designing for Vice Magazine and Vice.com, to ad campaigns, pitches, and designs for our network of programs.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organizing daily requests and project
- Communicating with project managers on design project needs and requests
- Problem solving and taking design feedback from clients and coworkers
- Designing print ads, posters, signage for spaces, flyers, and various print collateral
- Designing online banner ads, newsletters and website takeovers
- Extensive work for mockups and pitches—from websites to products and spaces
- Presentation layout and cleanup (PPT and Keynote)
- Press release layout and cleanup
- Editorial design and layout
- Must have a Bachelors degree in Fine Arts or related field
- 2-4 years of experience
- Resourcefulness, diligence, attention to detail, and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and assignments simultaneously under strict deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of the Vice brand and its properties.
- Strong proficiency and experience in the Adobe Creative Suite–Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Flash.
- Proficiency and experience in Keynote and Powerpoint
- Proficiency and experience of optimizing designs for online
- Proficiency and experience in print production
- Working knowledge of motion graphics (Adobe After Effects)
- Working knowledge of photography basics
- Familiarity with MAC computers preferred.
- Applications without links to portfolios WILL NOT be considered
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://boards.greenhouse.io/vice/jobs/596035#.WleLMq5Ku00 →