WHAT WE DO
Bombfell is an online personal styling service for men and one of the fastest-growing startups in the country. In 2017, we were included in the Inc. 5000 list for fastest-growing companies (#218). We’re building a powerful, entirely personalized retail experience that enables men to buy their clothing with confidence.
Featured in such prominent publications as the New York Times, TIME, Business Insider, Wall Street Journal, TechCrunch and Vogue, Bombfell is backed by world-class investors with deep e-commerce experience.
HOW WE DO
- We pride ourselves on blending best-in-class tech with expert styling and have attracted an extraordinarily well-rounded team of both technical and creative talent.
- We’ve entered hyper-growth stage and are scaling our team to make a dent in the e-commerce universe.
You’re thoughtful about lifecycle email strategy and knowledgeable on best practices, the ESP and CRM landscape, KPIs and new technology. You’re a strategic thinker who can comfortably get in the weeds and deploy a campaign or troubleshoot database challenges.
You possess strong organizational, execution and analytical skills and have developed an extensive knowledge of all aspects of email marketing including ESP infrastructure, campaign building, email design, deployment and deliverability. You’re a topic expert on impactful email layout, design, subject lines and compliance. You love to test and iterate and are experienced developing, executing and analyzing A/B or multivariate tests.
As a member of our tight-knit Marketing team, you’ll report to the Director of Strategic Initiatives and be charged with inspiring engagement, increasing retention and reactivation and driving new customer acquisition.
The Email Marketing Specialist will have the unique opportunity to assist in developing a lifecycle & email program from scratch. You will be responsible for helping to test, develop and execute our lifecycle strategy and roadmap to deepen engagement with Bombfell’s customers and reduce churn, as well as day-to-day execution, management, reporting and optimization for customer retention and acquisition.
You will have email KPI ownership and will be a key input on strategy, production, delivery, and performance of all email communications including lifecycle emails, transactional emails, promotional and win-back campaigns. In addition, you will be responsible for collaborating with the creative and product teams to develop cross channel email initiatives that will drive business growth.
This is a remote position and can be based anywhere within the United States. This is a part time role at 20 hours per week, with a pay rate of $20 to $30 per hour, commensurate with experience.
- Develop and manage our customer communication strategy and roadmap for all communications including lifecycle trigger programs, promotional campaigns, transactional emails, and win-back emails.
- Analyze performance of customer communications by channel/cohort/tenure/etc. and assess contribution to retention and LTV.
- Identify opportunities to engage our customers along their journey, ultimately increasing ARPU, reducing churn and increasing customer sentiment.
- Oversee all aspects of email execution including development, deployment, scheduling, segmentation, production, A/B testing, and optimization:
- Automate content and cadence strategy and oversee execution / technical setup
- Approve all sends/automations
- Strategic input and accountability for creative
- Utilize customer data to personalize the email experience
- Own email calendar
- Identify new segmentation opportunities and ensure the right client is getting the right message at the right time.
- Propose and execute email tests and enhancements to improve email deployments across devices and around recency, frequency, segmentation, messaging, layout, deliverability, personalization, time of day and other variables.
- Build strong relationships across the full Bombfell team (creative, marketing, CS, product) to inform appropriate email content, cadence, and creative executions
- Collaborate with creative and product teams on design, copy and email messaging to support cross functional initiatives.
- Establish email performance benchmarks and summarize key metrics on a weekly and monthly basis. Create recurring and ad hoc marketing reports and regularly analyze performance on KPIs including: delivery, open-rates, click-rates, conversion-rates, retention rates, and LTV impact.
- Manage our ESP and maintain reporting to ensure that our send score and deliverability is strong.
- Partner with acquisition marketing manager to determine email acquisition strategy and spend, and take accountability for KPIs including volume, revenue and ROAS
- Stay up to date on industry trends and emerging technologies with an eye on continually improving Bombfell’s email marketing presence and performance
- Be responsible for the accuracy of all email campaigns, including error-free email copy, imagery, links, and targets.
- Develop a deep understanding of our business and clients so you can be empowered to use your judgment and make autonomous decisions.
- 1-3+ years hands-on experience managing B2C email programs through an enterprise level ESP. Bonus points for: experience with Retention Science or Iterable, ability to speak to advantages/disadvantages of various ESPs.
- Proven track record of success in implementing email programs to drive customer retention and acquisition.
- Well-versed in direct marketing fundamentals, email marketing industry standards and email best practices, including user list management, list hygiene, knowledge of dynamic content within email and logic based systems.
- Knowledge of email service provider platforms and tools.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS — SQL is a plus.
- Exceptional project management skills including: conceptualization, driving alignment, planning resources, managing deadlines and objectives, delivering analysis and recommendations.
- Experience working cross functionally with Creative and Product teams.
- Extremely organized, dependable and a stickler for the details (triple check FTW!).
- Strong analytical skills (particularly within Excel) and ability to use data to optimize and deliver on overall company goals and metrics.
- Strong writing skills, strategic thinker, creative eye and exceptional attention to detail.
- Deep sense of empathy and understanding of consumer mindset.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.lever.co/bombfell/c6fa32a9-2e43-48d5-950d-f01130567578 →