Online businesses simply cannot ignore the power and influence of mobile.
Statistics show the meteoric rise of Mobile use and also the point that it overtakes Desktop.
By 2018, global mobile data traffic will reach an annual run rate of 190 exabytes per year, up from 18 exabytes in 2013. (An Exabyte is equal to one billion gigabytes).
What are consumers doing on mobile?
- 5% access content/information. 5% of mobile consumers access content/information Click To Tweet
- 1% access the Internet. 1% of mobile consumers access the Internet Click To Tweet
- 1% check email. 1% of mobile consumers check email Click To Tweet
- 2% listen to music. 2% of mobile consumers listen to music Click To Tweet
- 46% play games. 46% of mobile consumers play games Click To Tweet
- 7% download and use apps. 7% of mobile consumers download and use apps Click To Tweet
- 15% make purchases. 15% of mobile consumers make purchases Click To Tweet
- 15% read a book. 15% of mobile consumers read a book Click To Tweet
What opportunities does this bring?
- By enabling access to corporate systems using employees’ own mobile devices helps reduce costs, higher adoption levels and promote better engagement.
- By using the key features within today’s mobile devices users can now capture highly rich information like hand written notes, signatures, photos and geo-location information which was never possible before.
- By providing access to relevant data and content at the point of need enables better productivity, better customer service and access to critical knowledge for safety and upskilling.
- In 5 years, there will be more than 10 billion mobile-ready devices and connections, including 8 billion personal mobile devices and 2 billion machine-to-machine connections. In 5 years, there will be more than 10 billion mobile-ready devices and connections, including 8… Click To Tweet
- By 2018, people are expected to watch 20 hours of video per month, listen to 10 hours of video, make 11 video calls and download 20 apps. By 2018, people are expected to watch 20 hours of video per month, listen to 10 hours of video,… Click To Tweet
- By 2018, mobile video will represent 69% of mobile traffic. By 2018, mobile video will represent 69% of mobile traffic Click To Tweet
- In 5 years, the number of wearable devices owned is expected to rise to 176.9M. In 5 years, the number of wearable devices owned is expected to rise to 176.9M Click To Tweet
Infographic courtesy of ERS Computer Solutions.