Why is the quality of your online content so crucial to your brand?
- 73% of people would rather be informed by a series of informing and interesting articles than traditional advertising. 73% of people would rather be informed by a series of informing and interesting articles than… Click To Tweet
- 78% of people believe organizations and brands that create quality content want to build positive relationships with them. 78% of people believe organizations and brands that create quality content want to build positive… Click To Tweet
- Interesting content is the top 3 motivator for consumers to follow brands on social media. Interesting content is the top 3 motivator for consumers to follow brands on social media Click To Tweet
- Content leaders who produce high quality content receive 7.8x more unique site traffic than content followers. Content leaders who produce high quality content receive 7.8x more unique site traffic than content… Click To Tweet
- Creating quality content is the most effective SEO strategy. Creating quality content is the most effective SEO strategy Click To Tweet
6 dangerous pitfalls that always lead to poor quality content
First, let’s talk about what NOT to do. These six major no-nos will damage the relationship with your readers and tarnish your SEO efforts.
- Duplicate content will compromise your SEO strategy.
- Forgetting and not focusing on the user experience reduces the amount readers will share your content.
- Keyword stuffing and creating content that is not interesting to readers.
- Content that has spelling and grammar errors damages your credibility as an expert.
- Link-baiting titles that don’t lead to quality content undermine the trustworthiness of your brand.
- Failing to meet the needs of your readers will lead to a failure to build relationships with your customers.
5 steps to guarantee high quality content every time
Marketers spend almost 1/3 of their budget on content marketing efforts. But are they asking themselves if what they produce is high quality?
Here’s how you can make sure your content is always high quality to get the return on your investment.
- Who do you trust to create your content?
If you’re relying on nobody to create your content, you’re risking damaging your brand with poor quality that doesn’t resonate with your reader. Expert writers not only bring professionalism and experience to content creation in order to create accurate and stylistic writing. Expert writers also have a deep understanding of your niche and can create unique content that genuinely informs and interests your readers.
- Know what types of content performs well in your industry
Software helps you to identify and analyze what types of content work well in your industry. Buzzsumo helps writers to strategize their content marketing and create content that is statistically proven to work well.
- Plan content that has competitive edge
Software (we suggest SEMRush and BuzzSumo) can help monitor content created by competitors. Planning content strategically against the context of competitors’ content gives brands the competitive edge and creates quality content that readers love.
- Utilize the power of content auditing
Marketers use content auditing to uncover data that informs effective and efficient content marketing. Content auditing helps brands to ensure that the content they create is always high quality.
- Ensure that your content passes at least two pairs of critical eyes
Quality content should always read well, be void of spelling and grammar errors with clarity and concision. Even the most experienced expert writers may miss small errors in writing. Ensure that your content is proofread by professional editors.
What types of quality content should your brand be producing?
One of the biggest challenges for brands is to consistently create content that is high quality. Quality content comes in all shapes and sizes. There are many opportunities for your brand to create quality content.
Here are just a few types of content your brand should create
- Web pages
- White papers
- Press releases
- Social media content
- Slideshare presentations
- Storytelling through creative copy
- Video content
- Ads and email newsletters
Infographic courtesy of Express Writers.